Skip to main content

Wedding Anniversary




I cannot believe it had been six years since AJ and I got married in the beautiful Lake District.  The 5th September 2009 will always be a special day.  It was the day I married my best friend.  It is the day that family and friends gathered to celebrate our love.

As both of my parents had died I wasn't looking forward to my wedding day without them.  I never could imagine actually getting married at all.  I thought I would be on my own forever.  AJ came into my life after being on my own for a long time.  I had created a life for myself that I was fairly happy with but I knew that I was lonely and wanted to share my life with someone special.

AJ and I met on a blind(ish) date.  We both worked for the local authority at the time but in different departments on different floors. A mutual friend of ours played match maker and suggested to AJ that we should meet up and see how we would get along.  AJ was brave and e-mailed me who to him was a total stranger.  I knew who he was but we had never met before or spoken.  I took a gamble and said yes.  We met at a neutral place in my town- AJ lived in the next town.  We spent a lovely couple of hours just getting to know one another- each person not expected much.  However, by the end of the night I knew I had met a nice guy.  We agreed to meet up a week later for something to eat.  We met, had food in common and again we agreed to meet up a week later.  After a few weeks we agreed to meet up more frequently.  I invited him to my house for a meal and he did the same.  We attended a wedding together after about seven weeks together and by then I knew AJ was THE ONE.

I was pretty scared of introducing AJ to my brother - R just turned up one evening when AJ was visiting and they got on pretty well.  I introduced him to some of my friends at the wedding, they liked him a lot.

I don't remember the first moment we kissed ( I think it may have been in my living room but not 100% sure).  I think the first time we said to each other we loved each other was in a pub.  But I know that after three months I was smitten.

AJ moved in with me after only eight months but I was 32 at the time and knew what I wanted in life and felt like it was my time to live.

We have been together over eight years.  We have had our ups and downs and had many highs and lows.  But I haven't regretted a day that we have been together.  Our love grows stronger each and everyday.  I look back on our wedding day as being a perfect day.  It wasn't fancy or grand but it represented us perfectly.  We were surrounded by the people we love and love us. 

Happy 6th Wedding Anniversary to my wonderful husband AJ.  I love you always

greetings from Pickle Land

Lesley xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

A fresh start

I am currently at ease with myself and the way my life is at present.

That is a huge statement for me to share and also a very long time coming.

The past few years have been really tough.  Life seemed to have totally gone off track.  My life felt off kilter and to a point not my own.  I suffered deeply with depression, had a crappy job, my relationship with my husband was at times very strained and I had become very insular and within myself.  Life felt hard and I suffered greatly.

I got a new job, and for a few months I hated it.  It didn't float my boat so to speak.  I thought I could do better.  I felt like I had taken a huge step backwards career wise, I was unhappy and felt broken.  But I suddenly had an AHA moment.  I realised that I could and should change my attitude towards it.  I didn't want to look for a new job as it had taken a while to find this one and I hated filling in application forms and going to interviews.  I didn't want to find a job where I would…

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx