Sunday, 2 August 2015

Willow - A Special Bond

 
 
 


I wasn't always a cat person.  In fact, if asked I would always say I was a dog lover.  But since getting my own two cats I am definitely a cat lover.

I got Kiwi and her kitten Willow from the local Cats Protection shelter seven years ago in September.
Each cat has distinct personalities.  Kiwi (Black and white Tuxedo cat) is quiet, thoughtful and serene.  She very much likes her own company, is sometimes nervous but is very loving (on her own terms of course).
Willow is a force of nature.  She is naughty, boisterous, adventurous, funny but most of all Mega Cute.  She is extremely loving and is never far from my side.

Though I love Kiwi and Willow equally, I do have a very special bond with Willow and I treasure what I call "Our Love Fest".
After I have a bath, I lie on my bed with a towel wrapped around me and Willow will climb up on me purring so loudly and then she settles down and lies down on me- often high up on my chest and falls fast asleep still singing her beautiful purr.  It may sound silly but I love the fact that she hangs around whilst I take my bath, and is so keen for me to lie down so she can climb on me.  It is a special moment for me that I usually make last only ten minutes.  I feel very loved by Willow.  This time destresses me, she calms me down, makes me forget my woes and puts the world to right, even if it is  just fleeting. 

I don't know if this"Love Fest" is unique to just Willow and myself.  I like to think so.

Having Kiwi and Willow has bought AJ and myself such joy, love and companionship.  They have grown into two very beautiful and much loved cats.  For Kiwi and Willow, I am definitely a crazy cat lover.

Greetings from Pickle Land

Lesley xx



No comments:

Post a Comment