Wednesday, 5 August 2015

My go to Bloggers

I'm my previous post on depression I mentioned that I love reading blog posts as part of me immersing myself in a creative life to help me cope with my depression.  As I have many hobbies and interests such as scrapbooking , art and art journaling, reading, cooking, photography, decoupage, up cycling, flower arranging, anything Disney related and interior design, I visit a wide variety of blogs and bloggers, listen to podcasts and watch YouTube videos.  In terms of blogs, I have a set of blogs that I bookmark and visit on a regular basis.  Below are listed a few of my current favourite blogs/bloggers.  They are as follows and are in no particular preference order

*  A Beautiful Mess (Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman)
I have been following Elsie for quite a few years and has seen A Beautiful Mess go from a small personal blog to the very successful Branded blog it is now.  Elsie and Emma have worked really hard to make it into the venture it is now.  I like the fact that it covers a lot of the things I am interested in ( scrapbooking, DIY, fashion, photography, cooking, travel).  It is very hip and trendy and is very popular right now.  It is magazine like in its style and layout and there is usually at least two posts a day so I do like to visit the blog daily. I also really look forward to seeing The Messy Box reveal on the 10th of each month as I subscribe to The Beautiful Mess/Studio Calico Messy Box.

*  Jamie Ridler Studios (Jamie Ridler)
I discovered Jamie about five years ago, then for some reason I stopped visiting her site, but thankfully I rediscovered her about eighteen months ago.  Jamie is a Canadian creative living coach and her blog is all about living a creative life.  She does a Behind the Scenes video on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, a bi- weekly podcast highlighting great creative entrepreneurs, runs workshops, creates dream boards, does a series on Creative Living Book shelf ( what creative books are out there) and she has recently rescued three beautiful kittens and has been posting  about her and the kittens journey and progress.  Scout, Escher and Shibumi are just adorable.
To me Jamie is a breath of fresh air and she has inspired me so much to try and live as a creative life as I can.  Through her blog she has encouraged me to be brave about my art, inspired me to continue with this blog and also inspired me to start writing again in general.  She herself is in the process of writing a book and I  will definitely purchase her book when it does come out ( I have every faith that she will write her book and that she will get it published and that it will be fabulous.) Jamie also has two very creative sisters - Susie - who is Susie the Foodie on the internet and You Tube, and Shannon ( who has here own Tumblr site), and they have their own You Tube channel called Start ( or the Ridler Sisters) which they film every month and they talk about their creative endeavours. They have so much fun together and I look forward to watch their show every one.  They have now done 51 episodes and I am currently watching some of their earlier shows).

I am so glad I rediscovered Jamie.  She is definitely part of my daily ritual and I look forward to reading her blog and watching her videos every day.

*  Creative Creations (Andrea Gomoll)
I've followed Andrea for about nine months now after discovering her on You Tube.  She art journals, does mixed media, creates fantastic Pocket Letters, she is a Planner fan, she scrapbooks and also she does her own online classes (of which I am planning to do one soon as they look so good).  I love her style and her art work speaks to me. She seems such a lovely person and I just love her German accent. 

* Shelley R Chavis
I discovered Shelley about six months ago via Project Life Junkies on Facebook.  I just adore her graphic, mixed media style Project Life pages, journaling and Planners.  She is very inspiration, is not afraid to proclaim her faith in God and you can so tell she loves her life, art and family.  She has also replied to a lot of the comments I make on Facebook and seems a fantastic person.

*  The Disney Food Blog
I just love food and I just love anything Disney, so The Disney Food Blog is heaven for me.  I love visiting this blog and finding about anything Disney Food related.  It makes me yearn to go back and visit Disneyworld and Florida again.  I often reminisce about my two wonderful visits  and always makes my mouth water as the food at Disney World is fantastic.

*Balzer Designs (Julie Fei-Fan Balzer)
I have been a visitor of Julies blog for about two years now.  I love her style of art, the colours she uses, her use of her stencils (she has her own range of stencils by Crafters Workshop).  I love her podcast "Adventures in Arting" in which she hosts with her adorable mum Eileen Shu Balzer.  They are both highly intelligent and knowledgeable people and they interview a wide range of artistic/ crafty/creative individuals.  She also does You Tube videos and has been published in various publications.

*  Redefine Creativity (Alisa Burke)
Alisa is a beautiful artist. and takes her inspiration from nature and the beautiful Oregan coastline where she lives along with her equally fantastic artist husband and beautiful daughter.  She does online classes (another online class I want to purchase).

*  Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond)

I just adore Ree Drummond.  I discovered her cookery show The Pioneer Woman when I was in the US in 2012.  I immediately looked for her cookbook and was over the moon when about a year later Food Network UK started showing The Pioneer Woman here in the UK.  Now I tape all her shows, AJ bought me her 1st book for Christmas (along with her autobiography).  The Pioneer Woman blog is just beautiful and doesn't just do cookery.  It shows her everyday on her ranch in Oklahoma, her family (she has a gorgeous cowboy/rancher husband Ladd and four beautiful children Alex, Paige, Todd and Bryce).  Yes, her recipes are on her blog, utterly mouth watering, and Ree is just so fun.  She makes me want to live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere cooking all day.

*  Finnabair
I first discovered Finnabair a few years ago when watching a Prima Marketing Live You Tube Video creating some tags with jewels on, and I just fell in love with her style.  Since then I have followed Anna's blog and also had the pleasure of attending one of her workshops in the UK and meeting her in 2013.  I just love her artwork and style and I also love her products from Prima Marketing.  She has recently set up her creative design team and her blog showcases their artwork using the Finnabair products and Art ingredients from Prima Marketing

Good evening from Pickle Land

Speak soon

Lesley xxx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment