Tuesday, 26 May 2015

May 2015 round up (posted 26th)

May has just flown by so quickly.  I can't believe that we are almost half way through 2015 already.

This month's highlight was my holiday to Rhodes in Greece.  AJ and I decided almost last minute that we both were exhausted and needed to get away from our daily grind for a week.  So I went to a travel agent and asked them what deals they could get us for a particular budget and the date we wanted to go.  We managed to get a fantastic all inclusive deal for the Olympic Palace in Ixia in Rhodes.

We had a fantastic time and it definitely was the break we needed.  We didn't do much whilst we there other than sleep, read and general relaxation but we really enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go back there again.

Whilst I was there I managed to read four books, Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult, The Oyster Catcher by Jo Thomas, The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan and Solomon Kitten by Sheila Jeffries.  Reviews to follow.  I was so pleased I read these whilst I was on holiday as I haven't read much this year so far and wanted to do abit more reading this year and to tick them off my TBR list.

My Brother R has been up to visit for a few days in May and it was nice to spend some time with him.  I also baby sat for my friends Rob and Sue.  Their daughter T stopped with us for three days whilst Rob and Sue had a weekend away.  T and I went to Twycross Zoo on the Saturday and had a lovely time.  On the evening we watched the Eurovision Song Contest and I believe the best song did win.  Well done Sweden.  On the Sunday we had a day of playing on the Wii and watching Disney movies.  We watched The Princess and the Frog, Frozen, Bambi and . Aladdin.  I really love Disney movies and It was the first time I had seen Frozen and I loved it

Monday, we had a few games on the Wii and also we played Guitar Hero.  AJ joined in and he is really good at Guitar Hero.  T was picked up mid afternoon and then we met up with Sue and Rob again on the night and we went out for a lovely meal.

I bought myself a new Filofax in May and have started to get into the Planner craze that is all over Pinterest and YouTube at the moment.  Craft wise I've been doing some more Project Life and also I have participated in the May Art Swap at Journal Workshops (Jennibellie).  My May swap partner is Neomie from Portugal, and this month's theme is Banners.


Generally May has been a bit of a blur.  Life just seems to be running away from me.  I'm still feeling low, but less exhausted thanks to my holiday.  I'm still not doing as much stuff as I would like craft/art wise but I'm making progress by doing a bit of Project Life here and there and also actually participating in the Art Swap.  I'm.also glad I'm getting into my reading again too.  I am hoping that June is a better month and I finally get my ass in gear and catch up on a lot of the things I want to do on this blog such as book reviews, show my Project Life pages, show Art from the Art Swaps and show some of the photos I have taken of my holidays and of Twycross Zoo.  Well see.!!!!!

Good Evening from Pickle Land
Speak soon
Love Lesley xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment