Skip to main content

New Year, Fresh start

At the beginning of the year I had all these plans for this blog.  I imagined regular themed posts, lots of scrapbooking and art and Project Life.  But all the best intentions in the world still didn't materialise what I wanted for this blog.

At the beginning of this year, I was still suffering from depression and anxiety, and to be honest, it has only the last few months I have felt really well in my self.  Changes in my work and working hours have helped tremendously.  I now only work four days a week giving me an extra day to spending time with my friend Sue and setting up L & S Decorative Arts.  It is a little venture in its infancy but we have some big plans for it in 2015.  Set work patterns starting in January will enable me to plan better my time.  And thus, I am hoping to plan my creative life better.

I haven't entirely figured out yet how this will manifest itself in 2015, but I definitely want to produce regular blog posts but with no pressure on myself to deliver on a set schedule.  I will however be making more time to do the things I love.  Art, art journalling, scrapbooking, Project Life and cross stitch is on the top of my lists for doing this year.  I've spent a year virtually collecting inspiration for the above and planning what I want to do but 2015 is definitely going to be my year of actually Doing.

I'm looking forward to a Fresh Start in my creative life for 2015.  I pray that this time next year I will be able to look back and be able to see a plethora of projects shared on this blog that I can be proud to showcase.  A fresh start sounds good to me on so many levels.  I'm so excited about the possibilities awaiting me.  I feel like I've been holding myself back for so long.  It's time to spread my wings and soar.  It is the time to allow myself the creative life I want for myself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

A fresh start

I am currently at ease with myself and the way my life is at present.

That is a huge statement for me to share and also a very long time coming.

The past few years have been really tough.  Life seemed to have totally gone off track.  My life felt off kilter and to a point not my own.  I suffered deeply with depression, had a crappy job, my relationship with my husband was at times very strained and I had become very insular and within myself.  Life felt hard and I suffered greatly.

I got a new job, and for a few months I hated it.  It didn't float my boat so to speak.  I thought I could do better.  I felt like I had taken a huge step backwards career wise, I was unhappy and felt broken.  But I suddenly had an AHA moment.  I realised that I could and should change my attitude towards it.  I didn't want to look for a new job as it had taken a while to find this one and I hated filling in application forms and going to interviews.  I didn't want to find a job where I would…

Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas

Photo taken by Lesley - Willow Christmas of 2008

wishing you all a very Merry Christmas 2016

Love from Pickle Land
Lesley, AJ, Kiwi, Willow and Eric xxx