Skip to main content

I'm still around


Shock, horror!!!!  Lesley is actually writing a blog post.

I've been off the scene for a few months because to be frankly honest I have been feeling miserable and depressed. Not to go into any real details, but Life hasn't been too good of late and I've really been feeling sorry for myself. 

But I've decided that today is the day I pick myself up and dust myself off and to begin climbing out of the darkness I have been in.

And what better way than 10 on the 10th.

Being as it is Christmas time, I thought I would share 10 of my favourite Christmas things, and in no particular order

1)  My favourite Christmas carol is Carol of the Bells
2)  I love watching Christmas movies and Christmas 24 is my favourite TV channel at the moment.  Over the last few years I have discovered some recent Christmas movies that are becoming my classics to watch time and time again.  However the old classics are great too.  It wouldn't be Christmas without It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street.
3)  The red Christmas Starbucks mugs and the seasonal coffee and chocolate selections
4)  Christmas Turkey Dinner with all the trimmings (with the exception of sprouts which I consider to be the food of the devil - ha ha), Mince pies, chocolate Yuletide log, trifles, prawn rings, Eccefechan tarts, chocolate coins- all the food I consider as being Christmas
5) A new tradition that AJ and I came up with since we have been together is that every Christmas Eve evening I bake some crusty bread and AJ has baked camembert and I have a nice pate (usually from Waitrose or Marks and Spencers), then chocolate fondue with marshmallows
6)  Spending  time with family and friends
7)  The Christmas markets in Birmingham and Nottingham- we try to visit each year.  We have already been to Nottingham this year and are planning to go to Birmingham next week
8)  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - a must read for the season
9)  Trimming the Christmas tree and putting The Big Fat Robin on the Christmas Tree.  The Big Fat Robin has been in my family for probably 30 years now and instead of a Christmas Fairy or star we put up the Big Fat Robin.  It was always a joke when my dad placed the Robin on the tree he would say " Ooh me bum".  Unfortunately the Big Fat Robin is packed away in my loft and at the moment I do not have any step ladders so this year The Big Fat Robin remains in my loft.  We have had to buy some more decorations and a fake Christmas tree this year and even though it looks lovely, I do miss the Christmas Robin and continuing to say "OOh me bum"
10)  Dr Who Christmas special



 
I'm not sure if I will blog post again this year or not, so I will say now, Great Tidings to You and wishing you all a very special Christmas and New Year

Good evening from Pickle Land and hope to speak to you soon

Love Lesley xx

Comments

  1. Hi Lesley... I enjoyed reading your list and was pleased to see your post. So sorry you're feeling a bit down. Do you fancy meeting up? We could go somewhere or you could come over ? It could be fun.
    Mandy (tablefriend from the Sarah's Cards retreat last year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lesley! Long time no "see"! I'm so glad to see a post from you - haven't removed your blog from my List...
    I'm sorry that you have had a rotten few months. Hope that things pick up very soon and that you can manage to pull yourself out of the doldrums (I know it can be difficult).
    Hope you manage to borrow a stepladder and get The Big Fat Robin out of the loft - I'm sure it would help to cheer you up!
    Have a great Christmas (with or without the Big Fat Robin - and def. without sprouts - I agree, they are Devil's Food!!)
    XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

A fresh start

I am currently at ease with myself and the way my life is at present.

That is a huge statement for me to share and also a very long time coming.

The past few years have been really tough.  Life seemed to have totally gone off track.  My life felt off kilter and to a point not my own.  I suffered deeply with depression, had a crappy job, my relationship with my husband was at times very strained and I had become very insular and within myself.  Life felt hard and I suffered greatly.

I got a new job, and for a few months I hated it.  It didn't float my boat so to speak.  I thought I could do better.  I felt like I had taken a huge step backwards career wise, I was unhappy and felt broken.  But I suddenly had an AHA moment.  I realised that I could and should change my attitude towards it.  I didn't want to look for a new job as it had taken a while to find this one and I hated filling in application forms and going to interviews.  I didn't want to find a job where I would…

Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas

Photo taken by Lesley - Willow Christmas of 2008

wishing you all a very Merry Christmas 2016

Love from Pickle Land
Lesley, AJ, Kiwi, Willow and Eric xxx