Saturday, 29 December 2012
Hopes and Aspirations for 2013
As always, I get quite reflective this time of year but also I start to look at my hopes and aspirations for the coming year. I'm not one for resolutions (as I never really stick to things very easily) but I like to set myself some guidelines as a base line to begin the year with.
In no particular importance to me, they are as follows:
* That I take the leap and start looking for a new job in the new year. I believe this will be the catalyst to changing alot of things in my life that I am very unhappy with at the current time
* Get healthy and more body aware. I'm not going to say I am going on a diet to loose loads of weight. I am just going to start eating more sensibly for health reasons. I am determined to eat alot more fruit and vegetables, drink more water and start exercising, even if it is only more walking to begin with. I need to do this as I am nearly forty and I am determined not to be fat and frump girl anymore.
* Be more creative and willing to share what I do more, especially on this blog. I love scrapbooking, card making and lately art but because of certain cirmunstances, I just don't feel I have dedicated any quality time at all to doing the things I love. I want this to change in 2013. I have a craft/art room full of wonderful products and I have been so inspired by so many people this year that I really do need for my own satisfation, create more and not be afraid.
* Get out more and socialise. This year I feel I have become quite insular and at times isolated from my friends and family. Stupid shift patterns and hours have meant that I have been having my days off when my friends are at work and vise versa which means I have hardly seen people this year. Whether I find a new job that has more sociable shift patterns or not, I am determined that I need to make time more for my friends and family in 2013.
* Read more. I love to read and used to devour books but I have found that I don't read half as much as I would like. I have bookshelves of books that I have gotten over the years but haven't read. I am determined that I am going to read them this year before I buy or download anymore on my Kindle. I am not going to set a target of how many books I want to read but I am hoping it will be more that one book a month.
* Be more positive about life in general. Nothing serious has happened this year but I have found this year to be very unhappy for lots of reasons and I have concentrated on the negatives rather than looking for the postives. Even if my circumstances remain the same in 2013, I hope that I will concentrate on the positives.
* I hope that all my family and friends remain in good health in 2013
* I am looking foward to meeting my future sister in law soon (she lives in Dubai at the moment and although I haven't met her in person we have skyped and she seems lovely). I am also looking forward to my brother getting married in 2013 to said sister in law. I wish them much happiness and that they will be soon able to be together and not living apart
* Like every year, I want to be more tidy and organised. I'm not a neat freak but I wish I was. Maybe this year this will happen and I blitz the house and make it the show home I've always dreamed it could be. (As I speak I am laughing and saying fat chance of that) but a girl can dream can't she???- ha ha )
we'll see how things go shall we??
Good Evening from Pickle Land
Wishing you much happiness for the New Year and hoping that 2013 is a good year
Love Lesley xx