Skip to main content

10 on the 10th- Holiday to Slovenia and Venice trip


 Hi - It's Me.  It has been ages since I have participated in the lovely Shimelles 10 on the 10th, so for September I thought I would give you a bonus.  This time last year (almost to the day- we were in Venice on my birthday last year- 9th September) AJ and I was on holiday in beautiful Slovenia and we went on a day trip to Venice.  Therefore here is 10 pics of Slovenia AND 10 pics of Venice.

1.   Kransjka Gora - the beautiful village we stayed in
2.   Lake Jana - not far from KG
3.   Bled Cream Cake - from Charlies Cafe in KG
4.   Beautiful scenery of Slovenia (from Tastes of Slovenia day trip)
5.   Slovenias capital Ljubljana
6.   Sculpture in Ljubljana
7.  Vineyard surroundings ( we dinied outdoors in a vineyard surrounded by magnificent views of Slovenia
8.  My wonderful husband AJ
9.  Cafe Culture in Ljubljana
10.  Tired feet - Slovenia

Venice

1.  Beautiful carvings in the buildings
2.  St Marks Square
3.  Bridge over the Grand Canal
4.  View from Boat travelling into Venice
5.  The Bascillica
6.  Gondola
7.  Realto Bridge
8.  Sculpture - sogn towards Realto Bridge
9.  St Marks Square
10.  Gondolas


Hope you enjoy and speak to you soon

Love Lesley xxx

















Comments

  1. What a bonus - double the sightseeing fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous photos I would love to go to venice and now Slovenia having seen your pictures! Thank you great lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I loved Venice too - it was such a short trip for me but I have photos of many of the same things. So fun to relive the adventure through our photos. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos - I was intrigued when I saw the feet on Shimelle's link-up, didn't realise it was you!
    I hope you manage to scrap some of them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday! Lovely photos :) We spent a day in Venice a couple of years ago, your pics brought back some happy memories - and now I want to go to Slovenia too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lesley! Just popped by to see what was going on - and here is a lovely post about your holidays!
    What gorgeous photos... Must come back later, for a better look!

    Just to say, we're trying to plan another Bloggers' Weekend - do have a look on my blog, for more info. XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx

November round up- Scrapbooking retreats ahoy!!

November has been a strange yet good month. I have been made redundant from my job in local government (my last day at work was Friday 25th - official day of leaving is tomorrow 30th). And though I'm worried about finding another job, I'm definitely looking forward to having some free time (whilst looking for another job) and doing the many things on my list of things to do - like sort out my craft room, Christmas shopping, JYC 2011, a good clear out and doing a little cooking/baking.




Leading up to last Friday was a mix of emotions and though I am not sad to leave my place of work (it feels the right time to leave), I am sad not to be working with some people. But you can not stay in a place just for the people, and I've got to do the right thing for me for once.




However, November has been a really good month on the craft front. I firstly attended the Sarah's Cards Retreat in Warrington (see picture below with two lovely ladies Mandy and Mell) and then this weekend I att…