Skip to main content

Hello It's Me

Over a month has gone past since my last post and i can't believe the time has gone so fast.  We are almost half way through the year already.  It will be Christmas time before I know it.

Thought I would do an update on my life this month. 

Firstly, work is still getting me down and I've come to the decision that I am going to start looking for a new job after I come back from my holiday (which is in the next week or so).  The situation I spoke about in my last post hasn't improved, in fact seems to have gotten worse and I am hardly finding any time at all to do the things I love.  I hardly see my friends, I haven't hardly done any art or crafts in months still and most of all I am hardly seeing my husband which upsets me the most.  It has been a hard decision to make as I hate to feel like a failure but I know for my own health and for the sake of my marriage, I MUST look for something else that doesn't effect my wellbeing like this job is doing.

AJ and I went to the practice sessions of the Moto GP at Silverstone on Friday.  It was the first time we had spent a full day on  own in months.  It was so nice to be together and get to really talk to one another away from the house. Spare time like this is so precious to me at the moment.

My brother has finally moved down South to be closer to where he works.  I am glad he is starting a new chapter in his life but I am sad that he is no longer a two minute drive away from me and  I am in mixed emotions about it all.  I've looked after him for so long now and it is time I cut the apron strings.

On the craft front, as mentioned, I have hardly done a thing.  I have ventured into creating 2 small canvases inspired by the art of Christy Tomlinson and Kate Crane and I have also started to do an art journal (only one page so far but it is a start). I have done no scrapbook pages, made no cards and definitely still haven't started the cross stitch the picture I bought for my father in laws birthday in January.  I think it will now have to be his Christmas present.

Talking of Fathers, today is Fathers Day in the UK.  (Not sure if it is Fathers Day elsewhere).

I was unable to visit my Father in Law Nigel today as I had to work, but AJ visited his Dad to take his card and present (a t-shirt from the MotoGP which he loved).   My other FIL (Adam's step-Dad Paul) is away on holiday so we haven't been able to see him today.  So Happy Fathers Day to Nigel and Paul

Fathers Day always makes me feel slightly sad as my Dad is no longer with us, but I always remember my Dad fondly on days like today. I miss him so much especially at the moment when I need his wisdom so much.

AJ and I are looking forward to our visit to Spain soon.  We so need the break.  I am hoping that I can really recharge my batteries and get out of this slump I have been feeling the past couple of months.  I am also looking forward to hopefully getting some hot sun on my back rather than this miserable rain we have been having in the UK

Good Evening from Pickle Land

Hope to speak to you soon

Love Lesley xx 

Comments

  1. lovely to 'see' you again Lesley. Sorry things haven't improved but at least you have decided your next move. Take things a step at a time and the first step is to have a bloomin good holiday!!! Good luck searching for a new job I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Was wondering how you are.
    I'm sorry to hear your job is disappointing and so frustrating. But deciding to change is not "failure" - it is a sensible and necessary decision. This job doesn't sound like the new and exciting challenge you were led to expect at your interview (does it?!). It seems to have taken over your life. No-one should have to work so much that they can't have any home or family life.
    I think you are right to move on - I hope the right job turns up for you, very soon!
    Keep smiling! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a totally brilliant holiday and get some quality time together. I'm sure you'll get another job... Sorry that one didn't work out. Hugs.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

A fresh start

I am currently at ease with myself and the way my life is at present.

That is a huge statement for me to share and also a very long time coming.

The past few years have been really tough.  Life seemed to have totally gone off track.  My life felt off kilter and to a point not my own.  I suffered deeply with depression, had a crappy job, my relationship with my husband was at times very strained and I had become very insular and within myself.  Life felt hard and I suffered greatly.

I got a new job, and for a few months I hated it.  It didn't float my boat so to speak.  I thought I could do better.  I felt like I had taken a huge step backwards career wise, I was unhappy and felt broken.  But I suddenly had an AHA moment.  I realised that I could and should change my attitude towards it.  I didn't want to look for a new job as it had taken a while to find this one and I hated filling in application forms and going to interviews.  I didn't want to find a job where I would…

Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas

Photo taken by Lesley - Willow Christmas of 2008

wishing you all a very Merry Christmas 2016

Love from Pickle Land
Lesley, AJ, Kiwi, Willow and Eric xxx