Skip to main content

Here's to a good year in 2012 and More

Firstly a Happy New Year and hoping that 2012 is a good year.

I am personally hoping that 2012 will be a good year for me on all types of levels.
I am hoping it is a year of More - my word for the year.

1) More time with family and friends
AJ and I have been a little bit insular of late. We haven't made much effort in keeping contact with our friends and family as much as we would have liked. This year my aspiration is to spend more time with my friends and family. I'm not going to wait for us to be invited any where. I'm going to be the one who makes the invites. My goal is to open my house up abit more and have people around more.

2) More quality time with AJ
For the past four years AJ and I have lived together, gone to work together, met for lunch and gone home together. Since being made redundant that has stopped and I truly miss that. It was time where we talked and made plans. We also haven't had that much time together for the last few months (for reasons I can't go into on this blog). We now have come to realise we need more quality time together and make the most of our private time together. My goal here is to start up a date night. Either once a month or every other week and to go out from our house and do something. Even it is to go to a local pub for a couple of drinks or go to the cinema. We have become too comfy just stopping in at night and watching the tv. My aspiration for date night is it gives us an evening to look forward to where we know it will be just the two of us, where we can talk and continue to make plans for our future.

3) Be more creative
In 2011, I feel as if I have come a long way with my scrapbooking. I am finding my own feet and am really enjoying my hobby. I obviously want this to continue, but MORE. I hope I am not sounding too greedy in wanting to be even more creative this year. I want to scrap more, and share my layouts on this blog of mine. I also want to expand my creativity in new ways. I am aspiring to try new mediums. I have been truly inspired Christy Tomlinson and her videos on My Craft Channel and I really want to try mixed media art and my goal is to make my own art for the walls of my house. I want to learn how to use a sewing machine and to sew more. I want to start up my cross stitch again as I haven't done any for ages. My first goal on this front is to cross stitch a Les Paul guitar for my Father in Law's 60th Birthday this month

4) More time for reading



I used to be an avid reader. I used to devour books. This past year I haven't read that much. I can only recall about 10 books read in 2011. This year I am hoping to read a lot more. AJ bought me a Kindle for Christmas and I have already downloaded some books. It is so great that alot of the classics can be downloaded for free. My goal is to read at least a book a week, so in all I want to read at least 52 books this year. On my list for January so far are Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (Kindle), Pomegranate Soup by Marsha Mehran (PB), The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall (PB) and Transform your Life by Penny Ferguson (Kindle). I am going to track my progress on this blog on a monthly basis

5) More time for myself

This past year I feel I have neglected myself. I look in the mirror and hardly recognise the person in front of me. It is not about looks, my age or weight (though that is a major area I am going to work on this year). I just don't see the woman I want to be anymore. I feel like I have lost my sparkle. I'm grey whereas a few years ago I was colour. I need to start looking after myself more and put myself first abit more. This doesn't mean I'm only going to think of myself and neglect everyone around me. Far from it, but I feel I owe it to myself to rediscover the me I know I can be. I need to make changes that make me feel better so I can be a better person for all those who know me. I'm looking at little things such as making more effort in my appearance (something I definitely have let slip of late). Even if it to put on a little bit of makeup on and paint my nails. I want to take up exercise (something very lacking of late), eat healthily, look after my skin, sleep better (I am not sleeping particularly well at the moment). I need to do things that make me happy - hence be more creative. I need to start looking in the mirror and recognising myself again


6) More organised


This is something I am constantly aspiring to and my goal this year is to get my house in order. I'm looking at a massive overall. A massive spring clean so to speak. For example My craft room is still in the process of being done and I really need to step that up. Ikea shelves are going to be ordered this week. I'm hoping that in clearing my house out will also get rid of all the clutter in my mind. A cathartic experience.


Yes, I think More is my perfect word for this year. I am looking forward to seeing where More will take me this year.


Again wishing you a Happy New Year and hope to speak to you very soon


Love Lesley xx

Comments

  1. Hi Lesley,
    I was very interested by your word 'more' and wish you the very best in 2012 in all the areas you mentioned. Your friend from the Sarah's cards retreat,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx

November round up- Scrapbooking retreats ahoy!!

November has been a strange yet good month. I have been made redundant from my job in local government (my last day at work was Friday 25th - official day of leaving is tomorrow 30th). And though I'm worried about finding another job, I'm definitely looking forward to having some free time (whilst looking for another job) and doing the many things on my list of things to do - like sort out my craft room, Christmas shopping, JYC 2011, a good clear out and doing a little cooking/baking.




Leading up to last Friday was a mix of emotions and though I am not sad to leave my place of work (it feels the right time to leave), I am sad not to be working with some people. But you can not stay in a place just for the people, and I've got to do the right thing for me for once.




However, November has been a really good month on the craft front. I firstly attended the Sarah's Cards Retreat in Warrington (see picture below with two lovely ladies Mandy and Mell) and then this weekend I att…