Skip to main content

My last post this year of 2011

To be honest, I will be glad when this year ends. It hasn't been a bad year as such, but I am ready now to say goodbye to a somewhat strange year and welcome in 2012. I am hoping that 2012 will be a good year for my family and friends and not to sound too selfish but I hope it is a good year for me too. I'm not that mushy about new year as such but I am hoping it will be the beginning of the fresh start I need. Not working for a month now has given me time to think about some of the things I want out of my life in 2012. I need to change my attitude and some aspects of my life need an overall. I'm hoping the changes I am thinking about will be achieveable goals/targets rather than the proverbial resolutions that we so often make come the 1st of January and are forgotten about by the 30th of January.

My first goal that I want to share now (ahead of the 1st) concerns this blog. Firstly, some of you may have noticed I have changed the design template. I could have left that until the 1st but I feel that changing it a day before leads me into the direction I want to head into come midnight tomorrow night.

My aspiration for this blog is that I visit it more often and share more. Currently I have only been posting very sporadically. This is mainly because I haven't felt very creative and thus I haven't wanted to share much on the blog. I think. partly it is due to the lull I have been feeling post being made redundant. I haven't settled into a routine yet and to be honest I've been really lazy. Projects that have been swimming in my head for months just haven't come to fruition. JYC is non existant and I hardly made any Christmas cards this year. Thus today, I have given myself a little talking to and said to myself this. "That is all in the past. Just move on from today and start again tomorrow afresh with a new attitude".

My goal now is to post on a more regular basis. I'm not giving myself a large target such as every day as I know I will not do that, but I am sure I can at least post a couple of times a week. Plus I am hoping that I will still continue with the Colour Blog Hop once a month and 10 on the 10th. I'll be realistically happy if I can at least post 10 times a month.

My next post will be on the 1st where I will share some other apsirations for the year 2012

Good evening from Pickle Land

I hope to speak to you very soon

Love Lesley xx

Comments

  1. Hi Lesley, I shall have a drink towards a better, happier 2012 for you. May it bring with it everything you need & want xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx

November round up- Scrapbooking retreats ahoy!!

November has been a strange yet good month. I have been made redundant from my job in local government (my last day at work was Friday 25th - official day of leaving is tomorrow 30th). And though I'm worried about finding another job, I'm definitely looking forward to having some free time (whilst looking for another job) and doing the many things on my list of things to do - like sort out my craft room, Christmas shopping, JYC 2011, a good clear out and doing a little cooking/baking.




Leading up to last Friday was a mix of emotions and though I am not sad to leave my place of work (it feels the right time to leave), I am sad not to be working with some people. But you can not stay in a place just for the people, and I've got to do the right thing for me for once.




However, November has been a really good month on the craft front. I firstly attended the Sarah's Cards Retreat in Warrington (see picture below with two lovely ladies Mandy and Mell) and then this weekend I att…