Skip to main content

My craft space project

As a scrapbooker and card maker, I'm terribly disorganised and I am finding it increasingly hard to get motivated to scrap or make cards because I can't seem to find what I need when I want it. My craft space at the moment is in the dining room with all stash in various bags, boxes and tins. There is absolutely no organisation to anything and I really can't say what I have. I sometimes open up a bag to discover something I had bought months or even years ago - like yesterday I found some gorgeous cat stamps from Penny Black that I purchased on my honeymoon two years ago.

This disorganisation is stunting my creativity and thus, I have decided "Enough is Enough!". It is time to get organised and create a permanent space to use solely for craft,

I am fortunate enough to have two spare bedrooms - one for AJ's stuff and the other allocated for all my stuff. However, my room has become a dumping ground. From clothes to an old television. The room is actually a fairly decent size, but you wouldn't know that if you looked into it at the moment. It is a complete and utter mess.

Over the past weekend, we removed the old TV and put into our newly tidied conservatory (another room that had become a dumping ground), and now I have enough room to move around and start seeing what I have in the room. My intention is to go through everything, chuck lots of stuff away and be in a position to get some extra storage and the organise my craft stash, so finally I will know what I have or not have as the case may be. I want to be able to display all my lovely punches and embossing powders and stamps. I want all my papers in one place and have all my Thickers together rather than looking in several bags to find the font I want.

I know it may take a while and I'm sure I will get distracted along the way - finding stash I had completed forgotten about, or reading old copies of Scrapbook Inspirations. But I am determined to go it. With a little help from my brother R, we are making a start tomorrow. I have taken a couple of days off work whilst AJ goes to the England/India test match, and hopefully in the next few weeks the room will start to resemble the craft room I have imagined. Organised, practical, pretty and above all a space where I can find inspiration and start creating more. My little escape from this world.

I'll take some photos when it is finally finished to show you, so watch this space.

Good Evening from Pickle Land

Hope to speak to you very soon

Love Lesley xx

Comments

  1. Oh please take photos as you go along, that will be a great thing to scrap in your new super duper craft room

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the way you write. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now.
    gifts for men

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

A fresh start

I am currently at ease with myself and the way my life is at present.

That is a huge statement for me to share and also a very long time coming.

The past few years have been really tough.  Life seemed to have totally gone off track.  My life felt off kilter and to a point not my own.  I suffered deeply with depression, had a crappy job, my relationship with my husband was at times very strained and I had become very insular and within myself.  Life felt hard and I suffered greatly.

I got a new job, and for a few months I hated it.  It didn't float my boat so to speak.  I thought I could do better.  I felt like I had taken a huge step backwards career wise, I was unhappy and felt broken.  But I suddenly had an AHA moment.  I realised that I could and should change my attitude towards it.  I didn't want to look for a new job as it had taken a while to find this one and I hated filling in application forms and going to interviews.  I didn't want to find a job where I would…

Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas

Photo taken by Lesley - Willow Christmas of 2008

wishing you all a very Merry Christmas 2016

Love from Pickle Land
Lesley, AJ, Kiwi, Willow and Eric xxx