Wednesday, 6 April 2011

This time last year- Shimelle Prompt

Another quick post prompted by BFS day 13


This time last year, Adventures in Pickle Land didn't exist. It hadn't entered my head at all to create a little blog. In fact, I used take the micky out of some blogs that I had previously viewed- thinking they were so mushy and saccharin sweet.


I scrapbooked and card made sporadically (well even more sporadically than I used to). I didn't really have an outlet to show my scrapbook pages - other than my BF Chris and AJ.

What a difference a year has made.

I started Adventures in Pickle Land in June 2010, so nearly 10 months ago. I feel I am scrapbooking more and developing my own style. I'm enjoying blog hopping and discovering new blogs. I'm developing my writing style and finding my own voice. I an constantly thinking scrapbooking and scrapbook layouts. I even visit places with scrapbooking in mind and get AJ in on the act.

For example, this weekend, AJ and I visited London, so we have kept train and Underground tickets, collected maps and leaflets and AJ took a few photos too.

(I'll be writing about our visit to London this weekend when hopefully AJ has sent me across all the pics he took and I can make a scrapbook layout or two).

I have enjoyed posting a few pictures (especially of my cats Kiwi and Willow), scrapbook layouts, cards, and general musings over the past ten months. It has kept me occupied and I think more creative than I ever thought possible just one year ago.

Good Evening from Pickle Land

Hope to speak to you very soon

Love Lesley xx

2 comments:

  1. So cool that you're getting so much out of blogging than you ever thought you would. I love it too! I can't exactly say why but I think I'd do it even if nobody ever stopped by (and many days, they don't)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I for one am glad you began :-)

    ReplyDelete