Sunday, 10 April 2011

London trip







Last weekend, AJ and I took a little trip to London as we had tickets to see Peter Kay at the O2 Arena. We booked into a hotel in the Docklands area overlooking Canary Wharf from across the Thames which was a short tube ride away from the O2. We had a great evening. Peter Kay was really funny and I was impressed by the O2 and had we realised it had lots of bars and restaurants, we would have got there earlier and had a bite to eat.


On the Monday, we decided to go to Greenwich for a few hours before we needed to catch our train back home. AJ and I found Greenwich charming and wished we had more time to explore and visit the sights. The sun was shining and it felt a million miles away from anywhere.


We plan to visit Greenwich again next year when the Cutty Sark has been fully refurbished and also visit more of London.


We had a lovely weekend away and was the break AJ and I needed to recharge our batteries. I even didn't mind going on the Underground (I have a big fear of escalators). The weekend changed my opinion of London. Before hand I would have said I didn't like London - my last visit was twenty years ago when I was an untravelled teenager when I found it too busy and intimidating. Visiting Greenwich at least has changed my mind and now I'm looking forward to exploring more of London in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment