Skip to main content

Scrapbooking

To be honest, I can't remember how I discovered Scrapbooking or even when exactly. I think it was through my best friend Chris when she was starting doing a scrapbook album for her granddaugter Jessie. I already made a few cards so scrapbooking was a easy step up from cardmaking.

Chris and I at first just made simple scrapbook pages- a photo ot two, abit of background paper and an embellishment here and there that we purchased from a local craft shop. This was the days before Hobbycraft came to our town. My first scrapbook was an 8x8 album of an holiday to Italy and the Dolomite Mountains. Looking back at it, it is very modest and I can see I've become much braver and more expressive. I still love this album though and it is so much better than just flicking through a boring photo album.

I've since completed a few more albums- a couple for friends who have had babies, a travel album for my friend who accompanied to my trip to Italy and an album dedicated to my second trip to Canada. I've also a full album of miscellaneous pages ready to be sorted. I'm still doing an album of my wedding and honeymoon.

I would say my scrapbooking hobby has developed more rapidly in the last two years. I subscribed to Scrapbook Inspirations (I so miss it) and Scrapbook Magazine. I found QVC and Create and Craft TV (fatal).

It's not just about creating pretty scrapbook pages. I love learning all about my hobby. It has help me develop an interest in photography. I've started to journal more and I am developing my writing skills (handy when I start my English degree in the Autumn). I've started to take classes- Shimelle, Ali Edwards and Big Picture Classes to name a few I've done recently. I've also recently subscribed to Paperclipping.com and visit Two Peas in a Bucket regularly, so now I have a vast video and podcast library to help me discover new techniques and creations to inspire me.

I've also created this little blog of mine to show case my scrapbook pages - reminder to self must actually take photos of pages to showcase- I've got a little bit of a backlog now as haven't shown any in the last month or so.

Scrapbooking above more make me happy and takes me away from the mundane work life I have. It is a hobby I love to share with my friend Chris. It is my way of expressing my arty side. I can't draw or paint for toffee, but I can arrange layouts and make them look pretty. It is a great way of preserving my memories for the future. It is just a fantastic hobby

Good Evening from Pickle Land

Hope to speak to you very soon

Love Lesley xx

Comments

  1. It is nice to look back at early scrapbook pages, isn't it? And it's nice that your scrapbook hobby has developed your interest in writing and photography. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly why I scrap too, to include my writing and photography. Visiting from Blogging from Scrapbookers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting - thanks for sharing this :-) And yes please, do share some more photos of your layouts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memories to treasure forever x x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx

November round up- Scrapbooking retreats ahoy!!

November has been a strange yet good month. I have been made redundant from my job in local government (my last day at work was Friday 25th - official day of leaving is tomorrow 30th). And though I'm worried about finding another job, I'm definitely looking forward to having some free time (whilst looking for another job) and doing the many things on my list of things to do - like sort out my craft room, Christmas shopping, JYC 2011, a good clear out and doing a little cooking/baking.




Leading up to last Friday was a mix of emotions and though I am not sad to leave my place of work (it feels the right time to leave), I am sad not to be working with some people. But you can not stay in a place just for the people, and I've got to do the right thing for me for once.




However, November has been a really good month on the craft front. I firstly attended the Sarah's Cards Retreat in Warrington (see picture below with two lovely ladies Mandy and Mell) and then this weekend I att…