Saturday, 26 March 2011

My Adventures in Pickle Land Journey - so far

Being as Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers is having it's second run, I'd thought I'd give you abit of an update.

I started this blog in June 2010, after purchasing BFS class that month. (The orginal run was in 2009). It enabled me to set up the blog using the technical guide and have the confidence to just give it ago. I've enjoyed doing my blog, yet I still feel I haven't really started on my journey. I'm still finding my feet. I feel as if I haven't done enough scrapbooking and card making to showcase on my little blog which was initially one of the reasons why I started this blog. I feel as if I haven't developed my own style and that I'm still finding my own voice.

However, I'm not worrying about that. There is no rules to say I should be at this point after 9 months of blogging. I'm going with the flow. There are so many things I want to share and I am determined to really develop this blog in the next few months. I'd love it if I could increase my readership. I'm really happy to have 6 followers - 7 if you count my husband- and I even get a few visitors from abroad. This week I even had a visit from Argentina. Not bad considering I don't visit many forums and blog sporadically. Somehow, slowly, people are finding my blog. Even though I'm doing this blog for myself, it is really nice to know people are actually reading. If you are one of these people, please feel free to leave comments - even if to say hi.

Through BFS (both its forum and consequent blog hopping), I have been introduced to some fantastic blogs and thus fantastic women. I didn't realise how many talented and creative women there are around the world. Each blog inspires me in different ways. Some show layouts that I absolutely adore. Others suggest books that I've earmarked to read. Others have recipes, showcase fantastic photographs. I've been introduced to different products, brands and shops. I've been introduced to new classes and music and art.

I have learnt so much and I'm like a sponge and taking everything in. I'm loving my Adventures in Pickle Land. My blog and scrapbooking and my hobbies has become a little piece of who I am. A piece of me I've probably hidden for such a long time. It's nice not hiding anymore.

Good Evening from Pickle Land.

I hope to speak to you very soon.

Love Lesley xx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Lesley :-) I feel privileged to have been on this journey with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on shining your light, you are a beautiful person x x x

    ReplyDelete