Skip to main content

NOT a Domestic Goddess - Part 2

I'm getting into this cooking lark at the moment. Tonight our good friend Lucia came over and I decided to do a belated Chinese New Year meal for her.

I decided that I was going to cook Peking Duck with pancakes with homemade Peking sauce, and Chicken Chow Mein. I also cooked some Pork and Waterchestnut dumplings.

I was abit nervous cooking a Chinese meal for Lucia (being as she is Chinese) but I needn't have worried. She was so impressed that I had cooked everything from fresh instead of using ready made jars, and she absolutely adored the Peking Sauce. She admitted that she only ever buys it in jars and didn't even knew what went into it. A compliment indeed.

I cannot take all the credit though as I used Ching He Heungs recipes from her books. I love Chings recipes as they are so easy to make and taste delicious and are so much healthy than you can get from the local Chinese/Cantonese takeaway.

We all had a very enjoyable evening - it is very rare AJ and I invite people over to ours to eat as our two very cute but pesky cats can be a nuisance around food (although they were pretty good this evening). It was nice to have a chat and relax and was a nice change from the usual watching tv on a Saturday night. In fact it was so relaxing I forgot to take any photos of our fantastic food.

Good Evening from Pickle Land

Hope to speak to you very soon

Love Lesley xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx

November round up- Scrapbooking retreats ahoy!!

November has been a strange yet good month. I have been made redundant from my job in local government (my last day at work was Friday 25th - official day of leaving is tomorrow 30th). And though I'm worried about finding another job, I'm definitely looking forward to having some free time (whilst looking for another job) and doing the many things on my list of things to do - like sort out my craft room, Christmas shopping, JYC 2011, a good clear out and doing a little cooking/baking.




Leading up to last Friday was a mix of emotions and though I am not sad to leave my place of work (it feels the right time to leave), I am sad not to be working with some people. But you can not stay in a place just for the people, and I've got to do the right thing for me for once.




However, November has been a really good month on the craft front. I firstly attended the Sarah's Cards Retreat in Warrington (see picture below with two lovely ladies Mandy and Mell) and then this weekend I att…