Saturday, 5 February 2011

The Kings Speech

When films are tipped for an Oscar or any other prestigious acting award, I am usually cautious about wanting to see the film. I'm usually disappointed or just cannot understand what all the fuss is about regarding the film or the actors and actresses that have been nominated.

The Kings Speech so far have won lots of awards and is tipped to win multiple oscars very soon, so it was with caution that AJ and I watched the Kings Speech this evening.

I absolutely loved the film. It was beautifully shot, the storyline engaging and most of all the acting was superb. I can see why Colin Firth has been tipped to win Best Actor and I also think Geoffrey Rush is superb and thoroughly deserves his Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor.

I probably won't stop up to watch the Oscars, but I will be definitely switching on the early morning news to see if The Kings Speech is a winner this year

No comments:

Post a Comment