Skip to main content

Book Review of the Month 1- You'll miss me when I'm Gone

The Life and Work of Eric Morecambe - You'll miss me when I'm gone by Gary Morecambe is an affectionate tribute to Eric Morecambe written by Erics son to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Erics untimely death. (Book was released in 2009).

Over the Christmas holidays, the BBC ran a drama written by Victoria Wood called Eric and Ernie and highlighted the early years of Morecambe and Wise, and thus I decided to read this book (from my husbands collection). The book covers Eric's early years in showbusiness (as in the tv programme), his family, the Morecambe and Wise shows and movies, Eric's influences and includes many memories from people Eric knew and from many people in show business - some that worked with Eric and some who are huge fans.

The book is an easy read. It took me a couple of hours over two evenings to read and has many photos- some not previously published. I enjoyed this book. I too have fond memories of Morecambe and Wise - watching the many repeats over the years. (I'm a little too young to remember the shows when they were first aired). And it was in reading this book that I realised how many one liners and gags my Dad used to use on my brother and I that was actually Eric Morecambe. So real fond memories

I recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Morecambe and Wise or comedy in general and I think it was a fitting tribute to a brilliant, wonderful man.

Comments

  1. We're actually watching that programme now while I catch up on blogs (we taped it when it was on and this is our first chance to sit down together and watch it!) I'm glad I can multi-task... Thanks for the recommendation, I shall look out for it at the library :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

A fresh start

I am currently at ease with myself and the way my life is at present.

That is a huge statement for me to share and also a very long time coming.

The past few years have been really tough.  Life seemed to have totally gone off track.  My life felt off kilter and to a point not my own.  I suffered deeply with depression, had a crappy job, my relationship with my husband was at times very strained and I had become very insular and within myself.  Life felt hard and I suffered greatly.

I got a new job, and for a few months I hated it.  It didn't float my boat so to speak.  I thought I could do better.  I felt like I had taken a huge step backwards career wise, I was unhappy and felt broken.  But I suddenly had an AHA moment.  I realised that I could and should change my attitude towards it.  I didn't want to look for a new job as it had taken a while to find this one and I hated filling in application forms and going to interviews.  I didn't want to find a job where I would…

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx