Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Baby - It's Cold Outside



How cold has it been the last few days or so. I don't ever remember it being so cold. I absolutely hate driving in this and even worse walking in it. I waddle like a duck at the best of the time and I'm even slower in these conditions. I know it looks so pretty but I can't wait for the snow and Ice to go away

I can't believe it is only 4 days until Christmas, and I still haven't sent all my cards, wrapped all my presents and unfortunately I don't break up until 4pm on Christmas Eve.
I am so looking forward to having a whole week off work to do crafty stuff and relax and spending time with family and friends. It seems ages since I've had time off and I really do need to just take time off and chill for a while as I've been quite stressed the last few months and it has really affected me emotionally and I've been so tired and un-creative of late.

I did however, make a batch of cards that have been well received by my friends, and I've created little Christmas displays using festive red photoframes. ( Close Up Photos to follow for picture frames but see picture of Christmas display by my fireplace below as a taster)




Below are the three designs of cards I made this year. All are stamped images, coloured in with pro-markers. I borrowed the stamps off my good friend Chris so unfortunately I don't know the make of the stamps - I do think however that the hedgehog maybe a Hero Arts stamp






I'm quite pleased with these cards - they are quite simple and quick and easy to do.


On the JYC front, I am so behind. I've been doing a journal of notes from the prompts and I can't wait to catch up during my time off and share on this blog and the Shimelle JYC forum of which I'm ashamed to say I haven't visited at all this month. Partly because I haven't had the time and partly because I don't want to be too influenced by other peoples journals. This week up I definitely will be on catch up.

Anyway, not sure if I will post again now until Christmas so I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope to speak to you soon
Love Lesley xx

2 comments:

  1. What cute cards! :-) And is that an actual Starbucks cup hanging on the tree?! Or is it an ornament?

    I hope you get a good break when it is finally here. Have a lovely Christmas, Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an actual Ornament. Starbucks sell these along with the Christmas mugs - which of course AJ and I have to buy each year as we love Starbucks. We are building up a collection and have one Christmas mug for each year we have been together- a little Christmas tradition we have made together being as we are old romantics at heart

    ReplyDelete