Skip to main content

70th Birthday Memories for Dad

Today would have been my Dad's 70th Birthday. I didn't want to forget the day even if Dad is now longer around so my brother, AJ and I are having a celebratory tea tonight in memory of Dad. We have already visited the crematorian to lay flowers for both Dad and Mom and we are spending the evening together as a family.

I miss my Dad and Mom every day and I am sad that we can't celebrate for real. My Dad wouldn't have wanted the fuss but I would have bought a cake and either taken Dad out for a meal or cooked a lovely meal. I would have bought him his favourite malt whisky and possibly a nice glass as Dad loved glassware.

It has been nearly seven years since Dad passed away. The time has gone so quick. Today was a milestone I was dreading but I don't feel too bad surprisingly. Maybe because my Dad wouldn't want me to wallow in sadness. That today is about celebrating his life - not mouning his untimely passing.

So here is to my Dad Cliff. I love you and miss you and you are in my thoughts forever.

Your loving daughter Lesleyxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

A fresh start

I am currently at ease with myself and the way my life is at present.

That is a huge statement for me to share and also a very long time coming.

The past few years have been really tough.  Life seemed to have totally gone off track.  My life felt off kilter and to a point not my own.  I suffered deeply with depression, had a crappy job, my relationship with my husband was at times very strained and I had become very insular and within myself.  Life felt hard and I suffered greatly.

I got a new job, and for a few months I hated it.  It didn't float my boat so to speak.  I thought I could do better.  I felt like I had taken a huge step backwards career wise, I was unhappy and felt broken.  But I suddenly had an AHA moment.  I realised that I could and should change my attitude towards it.  I didn't want to look for a new job as it had taken a while to find this one and I hated filling in application forms and going to interviews.  I didn't want to find a job where I would…

Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas

Photo taken by Lesley - Willow Christmas of 2008

wishing you all a very Merry Christmas 2016

Love from Pickle Land
Lesley, AJ, Kiwi, Willow and Eric xxx