Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Grandad Reg

Yesterday AJ's Grandad Reg passed away. He had been ill for quite a while but it still came as a shock to the family.

Reg, I think was 85 and had lived a good but hard working life. He was a Commando in WW2 and saw things that no one should ever have to witness, and throughout his life he was a Master Butcher.

He married Jean and they had three children; Susan, Karen and my father in law Nigel. In the late 1970's they moved to Blackpool and his children and grandchildren all have the fondest of memories visiting them. A trip to Cleevely's still brings a smile and laughter to AJ and the rest of the family.
About 6 or 7 years ago, Reg and Jean returned back to the West Midlands in happy retirement until Jean's untimely passing in 2008. They had been married over 60 years. Now they are reunited.

Reg was a big, strong, handsome man in his time. (My FIL and husband both look like Reg- unfortunately I haven't a photo at hand to post). He was also proud and a real fighter- right up to the end.

I only knew Reg for a short time but I am previledged to have met him.
He will be missed by the family and will remain in our hearts for ever. Love you Grandad Reg xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that - sending love and prayers to AJ and all the family xx

    ReplyDelete