Sunday, 22 August 2010

Weddings and other memories

Time is running away from me at the moment and I really can't believe it is almost the end of August. In two weeks time, AJ and I will be celebrating our 1st Wedding anniversary. The year has gone really quick and it honestly feels like a couple of weeks ago. I have wonderful memories of that day that I will cherish forever.


On the wedding front, AJ's best friend (and best man) actually got married himself on 14th August to Kim. It was a beautiful wedding - despite the English rain. They got married in the beautiful countryside of Shropshire - not far from where they live in Shrewsbury and it was just a lovely memorable day. I am so happy for them and to see them married. They looked so happy and in love. AJ and I were ushers so we were especially honoured to be part of the proceedings. So congratulations to Kim and Dave xx Below are some images from our lovely time at Albright Hussey in Shropshire at the wedding













This August has been a complete wash out in my part of the world. I don't generally mind rain, but it just doesn't seem to let up (although today has actually been quite nice). Yesterday I was supposed to go to a BBQ at my friend (and boss) Nicki house. That was changed to a curry and chilli afternoon amongst the showers, in my friends house instead. I had a really nice time spending time with my colleagues from work. It seems such a long time since we have all got together outside of the work environment. It was nice to meet up with the partners and children of my colleagues as well. I've realised that despite not really enjoying the actual work I do, I work with a great bunch of people. We are a mixed bunch and although we work in IT we are no geeks. We all have different personalities but we gel really well and we had such a laugh yesterday. It was also fun being the only sober person (I'm not one for alcohol - I prefer a cup of tea). Not that anyone was too drunk. Just your usual merriment. I thought AJ would have a hang over this morning , but he was actually not too bad. A day playing cricket today should cure any headache he may have


I have lots of good ( and not so good) memories and I really need to sit down and write, blog and scrap a few. I have been inspired by Jen Mohler who is looking at her memories (the good and bad ) and is documenting them. She has listed the 100 moments that have changed her world on her blog, starting with a moment in time which really touched me, and made me think about actually sharing some more of my feelings and actually scrapbooking them.


On the craft front, I actually haven't done much even though I've been really inspired by lots of blogs and magazines and life in general.I've done a few scrapbook pages and a couple of cards of late but not as much as I would like. My head is full of loads of projects and scrap pages and cards but I just can't seem to put them done on paper at the moment. I signed up for the Big Idea Festival from Big Picture Scrapbooking and have really enjoyed it so far. I've got lots of projects from that to inspire me. I am also still working on Love your Pictures, Love your Pages by Shimelle Laine. I've signed up for two more classes starting in September - Book of Stories by Karen Grunberg at Big Picture Scrapbooking and Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday. I am determined to get myself back on track and to make time to really enjoy my craft and to actually create on paper, rather than just create in my mind. I'm not going to stress about it though as I'm pretty new to this scrapbooking and blog lark and am just enjoying myself in my own way and time.


AJ says to just enjoy myself and he is proud of what I have done and am doing at the moment. He is a real gem and a great encourager and I love the fact that he is taking an interest in what I do. My life is now his story too, so I want to share our life together in craft too. When I get round to it, I'll take some photos of some of the pages I have done lately and post on this blog. Just need to work out why I can't seem to load pictures very well at the moment. My brother has to load all my pictures for me as I can't seem to get past Picasa loading up rather than My Pictures loading up. Need to check out my pc setting so they don't automatically load into Picasa.




Anyway, enough ramblings for now


Good evening from Pickle Land. Hope to speak soon xx

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, (early) congratulations on your anniversary - exciting! :-)

    I love the 100 moments idea. I shall file that away mentally for consideration, I think. Really like the sound of it.

    As for the crafting, we all go through phases like this. Sometimes I think we need a little time out from the 'doing' to process some of our creative thoughts. I tend to have bursts of making cards and layouts, and then more reflective times where I'm often thinking of designs but not necessarily getting the projects made - it can be useful to have a notebook to jot down ideas, sketches etc so you don't lose all the great stuff you've been thinking about! And I always find that a class (especially a Shimelle class) helps me to get going again if I need a kick start :-)

    See you in LSNED! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - you won one of my giveaway prizes! Please drop me an email so I can get your details xx

    ReplyDelete