Skip to main content

Bank Holiday sort out


This Bank Holiday, I've been quite busy and the weather has been a bonus.

AJ is in the process of selling his flat, so we spent the morning clearing out the flat ready for when the contracts are signed in hopefully the next couple of weeks. Even though AJ moved out over two years ago, we still kept a few items there so it looked lived in. We have now removed these items and bought back home with us.

After cleaning the kitchen, we have replaced my red microwave for AJ's silver one. Good timing as I checked the inside top of my red one, and noticed exposed metal - I'm sad to be getting rid of my microwave but so grateful it hasn't gone bang on me. We have also replaced our toaster for AJ's Breville one, and we have now lots of storage containers, mugs and other kitchen utensils which I've still to put up, but our kitchen is so small, really need to sort out the cupboards - but that will take more time and we wanted to have abit of spare time this bank holiday for ourselves too.




I have also made my scrapbook ready for Learn Something New Every Day class which starts on Wednesday. Please see pictures below. I have covered the scrapbook with Dear Lizzy fabric paper by American Crafts, added the owl (stamp from Basic Grey -JuneBug range), deer and tree (Shimelle's Greenwich Park- Banana Frog stamps), pink glitter numers by paper cellar, some flower embellishments (found in bottom of a drawer in my craft room- sorry don't know who by) and a velvet ribbon ( in Back to School kit from Shimelle). I've tried to keep my scrapbook cover simple - abit like me !!!Ha ha!!!!











In the inside I have used Basic Grey Gypsy range for my core cards, and stamped the date on each. Really looking forward to this class.

I also took some pictures of my kitties, Willow and Kiwi. They have both been in sleepy moods at the moment so thought I would get them whilst they were sleeping. So cute!!!











Lastly, I have been very lucky to win a prize from Humel. Please check out her blog - I really enjoy her blog and hope you will enjoy too - Thank you for the prize, and look forward to receiving in the near future

Good evening from Pickle Land


Hope to speak to you soon
Lesley xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

A fresh start

I am currently at ease with myself and the way my life is at present.

That is a huge statement for me to share and also a very long time coming.

The past few years have been really tough.  Life seemed to have totally gone off track.  My life felt off kilter and to a point not my own.  I suffered deeply with depression, had a crappy job, my relationship with my husband was at times very strained and I had become very insular and within myself.  Life felt hard and I suffered greatly.

I got a new job, and for a few months I hated it.  It didn't float my boat so to speak.  I thought I could do better.  I felt like I had taken a huge step backwards career wise, I was unhappy and felt broken.  But I suddenly had an AHA moment.  I realised that I could and should change my attitude towards it.  I didn't want to look for a new job as it had taken a while to find this one and I hated filling in application forms and going to interviews.  I didn't want to find a job where I would…

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx