Skip to main content

No real excuses

The last few weeks since coming back from Austria has been a blur. A few days after we came back, I got a really bad ear infection that affected by balance and basically I was dizzy and felt sick constantly for three days. Since then I haven't felt 100% and to be honest, I've no real excuse, but I've been quite lazy and haven't felt like doing much. I've probably done a few scrapbook pages which I will share with you another time. I haven't ,however, felt too guilty, which I normally would do, because I honestly feel as if my body has been telling me to slow down and take some time off from running around like a mad fool all the time.


I have, however, been enjoying Shimelles LYPLYP course, though again I haven't really been following it religiously Again I am not feeling guilty as I know whatever I will learn from it will be invaluable to my journey in scrapbooking, and the way the course is, it really does allow you to do things at your own pace.


If you have been following my blog, a previous blog mentioned I was doing a cross stitch for my friend Kim (see below). I have no excuse - I haven't made any progress on it and it is three weeks until her wedding to Dave. I actually do feel guilty about not doing it but as mentioned I haven't felt like much the last few weeks. I am determined to complete it, but it may now be a Christmas present instead of a wedding present.



Last weekend, I travelled to Liverpool (along with my MIL)- for my friend Kim's hen night. It is the first time I have been to Liverpool and I was really impressed with the city. It has a real buzz about it and is definitely a very modern city. I'm hoping that AJ and I will visit together soon as I know he will really like it. (Below are a couple of pics I took of Liverpool and of course the bride to be Kim)










Anyway, I have a fairly fun packed Saturday planned for housework ( not my favourite pastime) - my house is a complete mess at the moment. This is in readiness of by BF Jo and her husband Chris visiting with their two beautiful children Olly and Grace on Sunday. Can't wait to see them as it seem ages since we all met up, and I am epecially looking forward to playing with Olly and Grace. They are adorable!!



Good evening from Pickle Land and hope to speak to you soon

Lesley xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx

November round up- Scrapbooking retreats ahoy!!

November has been a strange yet good month. I have been made redundant from my job in local government (my last day at work was Friday 25th - official day of leaving is tomorrow 30th). And though I'm worried about finding another job, I'm definitely looking forward to having some free time (whilst looking for another job) and doing the many things on my list of things to do - like sort out my craft room, Christmas shopping, JYC 2011, a good clear out and doing a little cooking/baking.




Leading up to last Friday was a mix of emotions and though I am not sad to leave my place of work (it feels the right time to leave), I am sad not to be working with some people. But you can not stay in a place just for the people, and I've got to do the right thing for me for once.




However, November has been a really good month on the craft front. I firstly attended the Sarah's Cards Retreat in Warrington (see picture below with two lovely ladies Mandy and Mell) and then this weekend I att…