Skip to main content

A Little about Me

To give you a little insight into what I like, I would like to share a few of my favourites

Books

I love reading but I must confess that I haven't read as much as I would like this last year or so but I am determined to address this and have challenged myself to read at least one book a month for the next year. I'll keep you updated of my progress - if any.

These are a list of some of my favourite books or authors



I love Adriana Trigiani books, and have been a fan since her first book Big Stone Gap.

Other writers I love is Amy Tan and Fannie Flagg. All write so beautifully and in my head, their books are like mini movies.

I have to add Jane Austen to my list- I'm not really one for the classics, but she is an exception.

Other books I have enjoyed is the Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, To Kill a Mockingbird ( a favourite since reading this at High School in English) and a book recommended to me by my Mother in Law called The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

Movies

Some of my favourite movies- those that I can watch time and time again are:

  • It's a Wonderful Life- happy memories of watching this classic movie with my Mom when I was young, and also recently with my Mother In Law
  • The Mirror Has Two Faces

  • You've Got Mail

  • The Wedding Planner

  • Any of the Shrek Movies

  • Field Of Dreams

  • Anything by Disney - I'm a big kid at heart

Food and Drink

I love my food (hence on a diet). Here are some of my favourites at the moment

  • Curry - I just love curry but at moment trying not to have too often

  • Chinese Food - currently experimenting with the help of Ching He Heung books and my local Win Yip supermarket
  • Starbucks coffee - and hot chocolate - with lashing of cream of course ( a real occasional treat for AJ and myself)
  • Strawberries - at this time of year they are at their most flavoursome

  • Mango Juice - drinking loads at the moment

Destinations

I haven't travelled much really, but here are some of my favourite places

  • Canada - have been twice and would love to go again and take AJ
  • New York

  • Italy

  • Austria - AJ and I spent our first holiday together in St Johann in Tirol
  • The Lake District - will always have special place in my heart as that is where we got married and where we spent a few days on honeymoon - see pictures below










    Have a good evening and hope to speak soon x











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

Happy wedding anniversary

Seven years today I wore this beautiful dress to marry my best friend.  Seven years today I vowed to love and cherish my best friend forever..  We have had many ups and downs over the past seven years but I wouldn't change a thing. 

AJ I love you.  You are my world xx

November round up- Scrapbooking retreats ahoy!!

November has been a strange yet good month. I have been made redundant from my job in local government (my last day at work was Friday 25th - official day of leaving is tomorrow 30th). And though I'm worried about finding another job, I'm definitely looking forward to having some free time (whilst looking for another job) and doing the many things on my list of things to do - like sort out my craft room, Christmas shopping, JYC 2011, a good clear out and doing a little cooking/baking.




Leading up to last Friday was a mix of emotions and though I am not sad to leave my place of work (it feels the right time to leave), I am sad not to be working with some people. But you can not stay in a place just for the people, and I've got to do the right thing for me for once.




However, November has been a really good month on the craft front. I firstly attended the Sarah's Cards Retreat in Warrington (see picture below with two lovely ladies Mandy and Mell) and then this weekend I att…