I love reading but I must confess that I haven't read as much as I would like this last year or so but I am determined to address this and have challenged myself to read at least one book a month for the next year. I'll keep you updated of my progress - if any.
These are a list of some of my favourite books or authors
I love Adriana Trigiani books, and have been a fan since her first book Big Stone Gap.
Other writers I love is Amy Tan and Fannie Flagg. All write so beautifully and in my head, their books are like mini movies.
I have to add Jane Austen to my list- I'm not really one for the classics, but she is an exception.
Other books I have enjoyed is the Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, To Kill a Mockingbird ( a favourite since reading this at High School in English) and a book recommended to me by my Mother in Law called The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.
Some of my favourite movies- those that I can watch time and time again are:
- It's a Wonderful Life- happy memories of watching this classic movie with my Mom when I was young, and also recently with my Mother In Law
- The Mirror Has Two Faces
- You've Got Mail
- The Wedding Planner
- Any of the Shrek Movies
- Field Of Dreams
- Anything by Disney - I'm a big kid at heart
Food and Drink
I love my food (hence on a diet). Here are some of my favourites at the moment
- Curry - I just love curry but at moment trying not to have too often
- Chinese Food - currently experimenting with the help of Ching He Heung books and my local Win Yip supermarket
- Starbucks coffee - and hot chocolate - with lashing of cream of course ( a real occasional treat for AJ and myself)
- Strawberries - at this time of year they are at their most flavoursome
- Mango Juice - drinking loads at the moment
I haven't travelled much really, but here are some of my favourite places
- Canada - have been twice and would love to go again and take AJ
- New York
- Austria - AJ and I spent our first holiday together in St Johann in Tirol
- The Lake District - will always have special place in my heart as that is where we got married and where we spent a few days on honeymoon - see pictures below
Have a good evening and hope to speak soon x