Skip to main content

Craft room(s), cross stitch and scrapbooking

Over the past few years, I have built up a small fortunes worth of lovely craft goodies - papers, embellishments, pens, craft tools and equipment etc and because I seem to collect but not use, I've got to the point where it is spilling into several rooms, and I'm not sure where everything is and also not exactly sure of what I actually have got.

Hence I have set myself the task of going through everything, organise it better and ultimately start using up what I've got. This is why I have transferred alot of my stuff into the dining room as the table is the largest surface for me to use and I have been doing my scrapbooking there of late. I've even dug up my cuttlebug and cricuit which have hardly been used and sadly gathering dust.

AJ is very understanding in letting me take over our house with all my crafty goodies. He says as long as I am happy, he doesn't mind. He incidently has sole use to our little box room where he can play his computer games and go up and watch telly if he wants abit of me time.

Also another craft project I'm doing at the moment is a cross stitch for our friends Dave and Kim (Dave was best man at our wedding). They get married on the 14th August and as you can see I've hardly started it. I really must spend some time over the next few weeks and get on with it as want it done by mid July so I can get in framed. I'll update how I'm going over the next few weeks.


I'm also still working on scapbooking my wedding and honeymoon, and anything else that takes my fancy. I've also got to make a wedding card for Dave and Kim, a 25th Wedding anniversary card for some friends of ours in July and also make more cards in general, as I have all the goodies to make them and I still go out and buy shop bought ones (How naughty of me!!)Also my crafty friend Chris reminded me to start making Christmas cards now ready for December. She began making her Christmas cards in February- how good is she!!

As you can see I'm quite busy on the craft front but loving my burst of crafty energy at the moment. Every spare moment I have I dedicate to something to do with my craft. Whether it is blogging and surfing the net, reading magazines and craft books, actually scrapbooking or just dreaming about it. It is just a shame I have to go to work in between!!!

Good evening from Pickle Land and hope to speak to you soon . Lesley xx

Comments

  1. Hi! I stopped by from Shimelle's Blogging class - saw your post in the forum. I'm working on getting organized too - yet, it's an never ending task, isn't it? Good luck with all your goodies and if you feel like it, stop by my little blog sometime :) www.theplainfieldericksons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday to Me

Its my Birthday.  I am 42 years old.  Wow, how did that happen?????? Is still feel like I'm 21

A fresh start

I am currently at ease with myself and the way my life is at present.

That is a huge statement for me to share and also a very long time coming.

The past few years have been really tough.  Life seemed to have totally gone off track.  My life felt off kilter and to a point not my own.  I suffered deeply with depression, had a crappy job, my relationship with my husband was at times very strained and I had become very insular and within myself.  Life felt hard and I suffered greatly.

I got a new job, and for a few months I hated it.  It didn't float my boat so to speak.  I thought I could do better.  I felt like I had taken a huge step backwards career wise, I was unhappy and felt broken.  But I suddenly had an AHA moment.  I realised that I could and should change my attitude towards it.  I didn't want to look for a new job as it had taken a while to find this one and I hated filling in application forms and going to interviews.  I didn't want to find a job where I would…

Wishing You a Very Merry Christmas

Photo taken by Lesley - Willow Christmas of 2008

wishing you all a very Merry Christmas 2016

Love from Pickle Land
Lesley, AJ, Kiwi, Willow and Eric xxx